Siquijor is a small island located in the Central Visayas region of the Philippines. Known for its mystical charm, white sand beaches, and natural wonders, Siquijor is becoming an increasingly popular destination for digital nomads. If you’re looking for a quiet and peaceful place to work and live, Siquijor might just be the perfect place for you. In this guide, we’ll take a closer look at everything you need to know about living and working as a digital nomad in Siquijor.
Cost of Living
Siquijor is an affordable place to live, making it an ideal destination for digital nomads on a budget. Here are some average costs you can expect:
- Accommodation – You can find affordable accommodation on Siquijor, with prices ranging from $10 to $50 per night, depending on the location and type of accommodation.
- Food – You can find delicious and cheap food on Siquijor, with meals starting from $1 to $5. There are plenty of local restaurants and street food vendors, as well as international cuisine options.
- Transportation – You can rent a motorbike for around $7 to $10 per day, which is a popular mode of transportation on the island. There are also tricycles and jeepneys available for short trips.
- Internet – The internet connection on Siquijor is decent, with some areas having better coverage than others. You can find coworking spaces and cafes with high-speed internet, but it’s recommended to have a backup plan, such as a mobile hotspot.
While Siquijor is a relatively small island, there are still some great coworking spaces available for digital nomads. Here are some of the top options:
- The Nomad Hub – Located in the heart of Siquijor, this coworking space offers high-speed internet, comfortable workstations, and a community of like-minded individuals. You can rent a desk for as little as $3 per day or sign up for a monthly membership.
- Siquijor Cove – This coworking space is located in a beautiful beachfront resort and offers stunning ocean views, high-speed internet, and plenty of natural light. You can rent a desk for $5 per day or sign up for a monthly membership.
- Amaze Coworking – This coworking space is located in the town of San Juan and offers high-speed internet, air conditioning, and comfortable workstations. You can rent a desk for $5 per day or sign up for a monthly membership.
There are plenty of accommodation options available on Siquijor, from budget-friendly hostels to luxury resorts. Here are some of the top options:
- Bamboo Place – This budget-friendly hostel offers dorm rooms and private rooms with shared bathrooms. The hostel is located in the town of San Juan, close to restaurants and shops.
- Glamping Siquijor by the Beach – This unique accommodation option offers luxury tents with comfortable beds and a private bathroom. The tents are located on a beautiful beachfront property and offer stunning ocean views.
- Coco Grove Beach Resort – This luxury resort is located on a beautiful beach and offers comfortable rooms, a swimming pool, and a restaurant. The resort is perfect for digital nomads who want to work and relax in a peaceful environment.
Food and Drink
Siquijor has a great selection of local and international cuisine options. Here are some of the top places to try:
- Baha Bar – This beachfront restaurant and bar is known for its delicious
- Larena Triad Restaurant – Located in the town of Larena, this restaurant offers a stunning view of the island and serves a variety of Filipino and international cuisine.
- TNT Mexican Bar & Restaurant – If you’re in the mood for Mexican food, TNT Mexican Bar & Restaurant is the place to go. The restaurant offers a wide selection of tacos, burritos, and margaritas.
- Monkey Business – This cozy bar and restaurant is located in the town of San Juan and offers a great selection of cocktails and international cuisine.
Activities and Sightseeing
Siquijor is a small island, but there are still plenty of things to do and see. Here are some of the top activities and sights:
- Beaches – Siquijor has some of the most beautiful beaches in the Philippines, with crystal clear waters and powdery white sand. Some of the top beaches to visit include Paliton Beach, Salagdoong Beach, and Capilay Spring Park.
- Waterfalls – Siquijor is home to several stunning waterfalls, including Cambugahay Falls and Lugnason Falls. These waterfalls are perfect for swimming and relaxing in the natural pools.
- Island Hopping – You can rent a boat and explore the neighboring islands around Siquijor, such as Apo Island and Dumaguete.
- Mystic Island Festival – If you’re lucky enough to be on Siquijor during the Mystic Island Festival, you’re in for a treat. This annual festival celebrates the island’s mystical heritage with music, dance, and cultural events.
Siquijor is a hidden gem in the Philippines and a great destination for digital nomads looking for a quiet and peaceful place to work and live. With affordable living costs, great coworking spaces, and stunning natural beauty, Siquijor has everything you need to live a fulfilling and productive digital nomad lifestyle.